en English


How To Apply | Application Package | FAQ | Contact Us | International Students
Q. How much do courses/certificate programs cost?

A. The cost of a five (5) quarter unit course in the Certificate in Expressive Arts Therapy, Psychobiomecnics, Sport Psychology and Transpersonal Psychology programs is $1200 or $240 per unit.

The cost of a five (5) quarter unit course in the Certificate in Accounting, Advertising, Communication, Executive Leadership Coaching, Family Leadership Coaching, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Hospitality Management, Information Technology Systems, International Business Administration, Marketing, Mobile Applications Development, Sport Coaching, Sport Management and Web Design programs is $600 or $120 per unit.

Q. How long does it typically take to finish a certificate program?

A. Typically, it takes about one year to complete a certificate program. The length varies if the student is full- or part-time, and if the student takes annual vacation.

Q. What does the school have available in the way of grants, stipends, student workers etc. What kind of federal funding is available?

A. SDUIS does not participate in any Federal or U.S. Government loan programs. Furthermore, as a small, young university, we are not yet able to offer any means of university funded financial support to our students.

Q. What credits can I transfer from my past studies? How many credits can I transfer for each program?

A. No credits may be transferred into a certificate program.

Q. How does the distance learning format work? How many times a week do I need to go on-line? How long do courses last? Is the price the same?

A. Online courses are 5 units and last a period of six weeks unless otherwise noted on the schedule. There are two consecutive online sessions in a quarter. You are asked to log on a minimum of five times a week and to participate actively in discussions and exchanges. Instruction and assignments are posted at the beginning of each week. The student then does the work off-line at his or her own pace and convenience, and the work is reviewed by the class instructor online along with group discussions. The tuition for the distance learning format is the same as for classes taken on ground.

Q. How is the admissions process at the University? Is acceptance into the school difficult? When can I start?

A. The application process, like the University, is humanistically oriented with a minimal amount of tasks. The prospective student meets with an admissions officer either in person or online, and the officer will provide the student with an Admissions Packet. After the applicant completes the written personal statement, receives two letters of recommendation, and obtains transcripts of previous college work, a final admissions interview is scheduled. When accepted, the student and University will sign an agreement that outlines all costs for their chosen program, program requirements, and refund policies.

Q. What is the workload like?

A. Coursework at SDUIS is rigorous and challenging, courses are taken in a small class setting with an emphasis on investigation and dialogue. The faculty strives to create a highly supportive environment and to put the students in a position to succeed and have personal needs met. Our instructors are caring individuals who work daily in the areas that they teach. Students will find a personalized and flexible program of study at SDUIS.

Q. Would it be possible to contact a current student for information?

A. We strongly encourage potential students to get in touch with their future peers to get an idea of their opinions about SDUIS. For this reason we provide student contact lists available to those who request them. Many of our students have volunteered to talk with potential students because they believe in SDUIS and the education they are receiving here.

Q. What can I use a certification for?

A. Our Certificate programs are designed to provide extended course of study in a particular area. Certificate programs are usually attractive to professionals who have already received a degree/licensure, as well as to individuals who are just beginning to explore their educational avenues and have a personal interest in a certification program.