L. Paul Sutton
Ph.D., M.A. (Criminal Justice) State Univ. of New York at Albany
PrisonTours (nothing like it anywhere! spend a week inside prison!)
- California PrisonTour (8 prisons, 1200 miles, 5 days)
- Southwest MegaTour (6 states, 16 prisons, 12 days)
watch for info. & clips about Sutton documentaries…
- Prison Through Tomorrow’s Eyes
- Doing Time
- Doing Time: Ten Years Later
- Doing Time: Profiles from Prison
| …details for all California tours…
|ROOMS & MEALS:||Quality Suites-style Motels (3 beds; triple occupancy).
Full complimentary breakfast buffet included every day; plus lunch on Folsom grounds.
|TRAVEL:||Travel by chartered 50-passenger deluxe-class motorcoach–DVD/stereo/PA system, air-conditioned, reclining seats, restroom.
Each tour is limited to 24 participants, so there is lots of “stretching room.”
|*** DATES:||Approximately 3 trips will go during winter, spring, & summer breaks.
Limited seats are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
ALL trips will depart SD on Mon. 5:30am & return Fri. 9 to 9:30pm.
IMPORTANT: only the first 3 trips to fill will go; so, those who sign up first will fix the dates.
|CREDIT:||3 units of upper-division credit (CJx430: “Prisons in Theory & Practice”).
Fulfills practicum/internship requirement for cj majors.
Attendance is required at 1 or 2 mtgs (Wed) @5:30 am, 6 wks before trip.
|COST:||$950. payable only by money order OR certified bank OR cashier’s check.
NO personal checks, cash, or credit cards.
$450 deposit–payable to “SDUIS.” due @ signing of contract. (tuition and fees)
$500 balance–payable to “SDUIS.” due @mtg, 6 weeks before departure. (bus, room, exp’s)
participants will be notified of meeting via email.
|ELIGIBILITY:||1. Applicants will be prioritized on the basis of major (CJ goes 1st) & date of deposit.
2. You should be least 21 (no exceptions) with a valid driver’s license.
3. You may have NO felony convictions; NO DUI convictions within the last 3 years; NO outstanding warrants or charges pending after an arrest for any offense; NOT be on probation for any offense, including DUI.
4. All participants must pass security clearance by the California Dept. of Corrections & Rehab.
5. Anyone arrested for any offense must provide court documentation of final disposition & release of the case; i.e., you must prove that your case has reached final disposition in the court.
|ACT NOW!||Place deposit with Dr. Sutton, PSFA149, 594-4449, email@example.com
Absolute deadline for signing up is 4 weeks prior to desired trip;
but seats are normally sold out long before that date.Seats go quickly, so sign up now!
|You must make a deposit to reserve a seat!|
|link to see details about required PrisonTour paper|